The QLD Government has launched their Battery Booster program, an initiative designed for Queensland residents with a rebate of $3,000 and $4000 off a solar battery. You can add a battery to your existing solar system or have a new solar and battery system installed.
Island Energy is an approved installer of the Queensland Governments Rebate program and you can verify this on the QLD governments website here.
Only one battery rebate is available per residential premises, and applications will be processed in the order they are received. Please note that available rebates are limited and the program will close once the allocated funding has been exhausted (‘about 2000’ rebates have been promised).
2. Choose a quote to proceed with.
3. Get conditional approval Before outlaying any money, you need to apply for conditional approval from the program. This means submitting an application that includes the quote you decided on. Installing a system before receiving this letter will disqualify you from rebate eligibility.
4. Get the battery installed. You have 90 days from your conditional approval date to have your system installed.
5. Pay the installation invoice.
6. Submit for Rebate Approval. You’ll need to include:
- The invoice
- Proof of property ownership (rates notice, contract of sale, or building contract).
- Income evidence via notice(s) of assessment from the Australian Tax Office for the last financial year.
After completing the above, if still eligible, you’ll receive a letter confirming your approved application. Once approved, the rebate will be deposited into your bank account.
Island Energy can help walk you through the process. Get in touch with our friendly experts by calling 1300 534 110. For Queensland press option 4
Download the Queensland Governments Fact Sheet here